bandit -facebook banner-468 x 60px

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

How I Met Your Mother Round Table: "Girls vs. Suits"

How I Met Your Mother Round Table: "Girls vs. Suits"

As our columnist expressed in TVF's review of "Girls vs. Suits," the 100th episode of How I Met Your Mother did not disappoint last night. In fact, it was terrific.

Below, our staff members break down the near run-in with The Mother, Barney's musical number and more in our How I Met Your Mother Round Table ...

1. What was your favorite How I Met Your Mother quote from last night?

Dr. Shepherd: The Lost-style whispering of the suits. Suuuuuit uppp ... Awesome.

The Barnacle: Let's go with the standard Barnyism of the week: his list of types of women he's slept with, in particular the rhyming section. Just one question, how was Barney not landed a hot bartender yet?

Lily Pad: "To score would be just fine, but I'd rather be dressed to the nines."

Mrs. Northman: Barney: I'm gonna stop you right there. It's the suits. Come on, Lily, get your head out of your ass. I am really going to be using that like on a daily basis - C'mon get your head out of your ass! I loveee it.

HIMYM RT

2. Are you sad Rachel Bilson is not the mother?

Dr. Shepherd: Someone please take away my belt and shoelaces until further notice.

Lily Pad: Eh, I'll get over it. Certain people I know have obvious crushes on Rachel Bilson, and that could get rather annoying to witness week after week.

The Barnacle: I may have to go on Prozac here. I've been in love with Summer, err Rachel Bilson from my O.C. days. Just the very notion she could have been the mother and become a series regular was just an evil tease. I could care less that we learned how cool the mother is or that we got to see her sexy foot (and it was sexy). I demand Rachel Bilson on my television every week, preferably in a wonder woman outfit.

Mrs. Northman: Not really - I think she's great and all, but the way the writers make the mother out to be the coolest chick on the planet - Bilson just wouldn't fit the bill for me.

3. Who's hottest: Lily, Marshall, Robin or blonde bartender chick?

Lily Pad: Normally I'd say Robin, but that top she was wearing at the bar? Not even the heavy metal and the fan blowing back her hair could divert my attention from such hideousness.

The Barnacle: Sorry Robin, you've held my heart for a long time, but I gotta give it up to the situation hottie: blonde bartender. Plus it helped she was played by Stacy Kiebler. Delish.

Mrs. Northman: Marshall - totally Marshall! He's like seven feet of manly man right there! Sorry to disappoint, not a lesbo... yet!

Dr. Shepherd: This may come out of left field but I'm a Lily guy. Especially when she talks incessantly about how she wants to hit it with the bartender. Hot stuff, Lil!

4. The musical number: Too funny or too much?

Dr. Shepherd: Much as I wanted to hate it, it was good. Especially afterward, when Barney hit that, then promised the suits they'd be fine. So basically, the song mattered not at all.

The Barnacle: Are you kidding me? I normally hate musical numbers in shows, but this was unbelievable. While it helped that NPH has a great singing voice (and here's hoping he gets an EGOT for this episode), the writing and choreography made the number. From Marshall joining in with his awkward dancing, to Barney zapping suits on unlikely candidates, to the whole cast jumping in and giving him choices between suits and say world peace was perfection. Hats off to you Carter Bays and Craig Thomas.

Mrs. Northman: Too funny! The perfect way to wrap up the 100th episode. It would've been too much if streamers were involved. But everyone wearing suits? Comic genus I tell ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment